Moving Cross Country
As one of the industry-leading cross country moving companies, we are committed to providing a successful move. If you have a relocation or storage need, we have a customized solution that meets your every need. Whether you are moving from La Jolla, California to Lower Manhattan, New York or from Ontario, Canada to Orlando, Florida, we have moving agents in your area to handle any relocation across the country, regardless of how simple or complex. We also have the resources and services you need to get settled after moving cross country.
Cross Country Moving Service
When compared with other cross country moving companies, we offer a full scope of moving and storage services that ensure we are the comprehensive choice when moving cross country. North American Van Lines has a wide range of affordable long distance moving services that include full-service packing, packing materials sale, fragile-only packing, custom crating, unpacking/uncrating/debris removal, short- and long-term storage, auto shipping, piano moving, third party services and so much more. We offer many more services than typical cross country moving companies, ensuring when you move your life across the nation, your move will be the last thing you have to worry about.
Resources You Can Rely On
Educate yourself for your upcoming cross country moving process, and benefit from an enjoyable, less stressed relocation. North American Van Lines provides an array of moving resources to our customers who are moving cross country. You can browse our website for packing guides and calculators, shipment trackers, online moving videos and much more. As one of the premier cross country moving companies, we want to ensure you are knowledgeable and educated about the moving process for a smooth, seamless relocation from start to finish.
Experience You Need
When moving cross country, you can benefit from North American Van Lines’ 80+ years of experience and unparalleled knowledge. Our expertise with performing relocations throughout the country provides us with an incredible advantage, executing worry-free, seamless relocations. Our cross country movers undergo extensive training before ever handling your interstate move, furthering our commitment to total quality. With incredible customer service and outstanding performance ratings, you benefit from an exceptional relocation, every time. It’s the North American way. Request a free no-obligation moving quote today!
Cross Country Moving FAQs
What is the cost of moving cross country?
The price of your cross-country move will largely depend on the amount of belongings you need moved, as well as the number of services you choose. For example, we offer everything from full-service packing to fragile-only packing to selling quality packing materials so you can do the packing yourself. There’s also storage if you need it, vehicle shipping, and specialty moving services such as piano moving. As a leading national moving company, we can offer many more affordable cross country moving services than our competitors — so you can tailor your move to your needs and budget. For an exact price on your cross country move, get a quote today!
How long does the cross country move typically take?
Of course the actual transit time for your move will vary depending on how far your old home is from your new one, but generally a cross country move will take around 2-5 business days once the moving van is loaded.
Can you provide moving services anywhere in the country?
Absolutely! As one of the country’s largest moving companies, North American has agents throughout the country. And to extend our reach, we work with trusted third parties when necessary. So when you choose us for your cross country relocation, you can stress less about the move and focus on what you need to do to make the transition easier for your family.
5 Steps to a Successful Cross Country Move
Preparing for a cross country move is about much more than just making the decision to pack your belongings or have the moving company do it! The most successful, least stressful moves result from planning and following these steps:
- Declutter. Everything you move will cost money, so about 6-8 weeks before you move, go through items like clothing, books and other items to decide if some can be sold or donated. Furniture you don’t want can be listed on Craigslist, with the added bonus that someone will pay you for something you don’t need — and then haul it away in the exchange. The cash you make can also help defray your moving cost.
- Itemize and organize. Take stock of what you can go ahead and pack for your cross country move, such as books, small kitchen appliances you won’t need, knickknacks and other items. Label every box clearly with the room and the contents. Also, taking photos of valuable items is a good idea. This is also a good time to order any additional packing boxes and materials you’ll need.
- Prepare for your new home. About 4 weeks before your move date, you can go ahead and make the arrangements to have the utilities and cable turned off at your old home and on at the new home. If you’ve been renting your current home, clean it as you pack so you have the best chance of getting your full deposit back.
- Close, cancel and transfer. About 2 weeks before moving day, fill out a change of address form at the Post Office (or online). Have your car serviced if you plan to drive it across the country to your new home. Cancel your local memberships.
- Keep your valuables and necessary items close. As safe and conscientious as our movers and drivers are, you will probably still want to carry valuables such as jewelry, fragile items and small antiques with you in the car for your cross country move — as well as suitcases packed with what your family will need while on the road.
A cross country relocation is a big undertaking, and it’s easy for some of the items you need to do to slip your mind.